Due to the winter weather conditions and the increase in the State Water Project water deliveries, the Governor has eased the drought restrictions in California. At the May 25, 2023 Board Meeting, ETWD rescinded its Level 2 Water Shortage that took effect March 24, 2022. Currently, we have releif from the drought and are in a Level 0 Water Shortage Stage. We ask customers to continue to use water wisely and follow ETWD’s Water Conservation Requirements linked below.
|Water Shortage Stage||Percent Shortage|
|1||1 to 10%|
|2||11 to 20%|
|3||21 to 30%|
|4||31 to 40%|
|5||41 to 50%|
California Drought Information:
Irrigating Decorative Turf FAQ – Owners and managers of commercial, industrial and institutional properties including HOA’s must not use potable water for irrigating decorative (non-functional) turf.
View the latest drought information from Metropolitan Water District and how local water agencies are planning for drought conditions, please click here.
California WATER WATCH – Latest weather conditions
We need your help in using water efficiently. Please reduce your water use as much as possible by following the water wise tips and ETWD’s Permanent Water Conservation Requirements below.
ETWD’s Permanent Water Conservation Requirements Flyer – These requirements are in effect at all times.
- Take shorter showers
- Turn the faucet off when brushing your teeth or shaving
- Scrape food off dishes instead of pre-rinsing before loading into the dishwasher
- Compost food scraps to avoid using the garbage disposal
- Wash full loads of laundry and dishes
- Install a water-saving showerhead
- Install a high efficiency toilet
- Use a broom to sweep driveways, patios and sidewalks
- Replace turf with California Friendly landscaping
- Install a weather based irrigation controller
Report Water Waste
If you witness water being wasted in your neighborhood, please let ETWD know and we will address the issue. Click here to submit a report.