I hereby certify that the following agenda
was posted at least 24 hours prior to the time
of the meeting so noticed below at 24251 Los
Robert R. Hill, Secretary
of the El Toro Water District and
of the Board of Directors thereof
A G E N D A
EL TORO WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
CALL MEETING TO ORDER – Chairman Martin
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – Director Werner
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS – Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Board at this time or they may reserve this opportunity with regard to an item on the agenda, until the Committee discusses said item later in the meeting.
1. Consider Approving the Minutes of the Budget Committee #2 Meeting (Reference Material Included)
The Budget Committee will consider approving the minutes of the April 1, 2014 Budget Committee #2 Meeting.
Recommended Action: Approve the minutes of the April 1, 2014 Budget Committee
2. El Toro Water District Draft 2014/15 Budget (Reference Material Included)
a. The Board and Staff will review, discuss and finalize the Draft 2014/15 Budget.
b. The Board and Staff will review and discuss the independently prepared Cost of Service Report which supports proposed increases in certain rates, fees and charges in compliance with all applicable State Constitutional and Statutory Mandates.
c. The Board and Staff will review, discuss and finalize the Draft Proposition 218
The Board will discuss scheduling a public hearing to receive and consider public comments regarding proposed amendments to the District’s Rules and Regulations which increase certain rates, fees and charges, effective July 1, 2014.
Recommended Action: The Board will consider authorizing the General Manager to: (1) schedule a Public Hearing for June 26, 2014 for the purpose of amending the District’s Rules and Regulations to increase certain rates, fees, and charges, effective July 1, 2014, and (2) authorize the District’s General Manager and General Counsel to publish/distribute the required legal notices concerning the proposed amendments to the District’s Rules and Regulations.
At this time the Board will go into Closed Session as follows:
1. In accordance with Government Code Section 54956.9 (d) ( 2) to consult with legal counsel on a matter of potential litigation - one matter.
2. In accordance with Government Code Section 54956.96 (a) and (b) to receive and discuss confidential information pertaining to a pending litigation matter of the South Orange County Wastewater Authority (a joint powers authority of which the District is a member) - South Orange County Wastewater Authority vs Michael Demaree, Does 1 through 25, related cross complaint, (Orange County Superior Court).
3. In accordance with Government Code Section 54956.9 (d) ( 2) to consult
with legal counsel on a matter of potential litigation – claim filed by Southern California Edison dated February 28, 2014.
REPORT ON CLOSED SESSION (General Counsel)
Mr. Granito will provide an oral report on today's Closed Session.
Claim for Consideration -
At this time the Board will consider taking action on the claim filed by Southern California Edison dated February 28, 2014.
material for this meeting is available to the public at the District's
Administrative Office, which is located at
Request for Disability-Related Modifications or Accommodations
you require any disability-related accommodation, including auxiliary aids or
services, in order to participate in this public meeting, please telephone the
District's Recording Secretary, Polly Welsch at (949) 837-7050, extension 225
at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to said meeting. If you prefer, your request may be submitted
in writing to El Toro Water District,